Monday, January 1, 2018

STAR WARS: Stormtroopers

Story posted on FBMarch 30 2019,
So back at the turn of the century, work sent me to Las Vegas for my first visit. Being as I don't gamble, what would it do with my evenings?

Toy hunt of course.

Back then, the toychain FAO Schwatrz was still going strong in the US, and in Caesars Palace, there was a huge 4 story FAO with a 2 story Trojan horse at the entry way, a large scale Star Wars AT-AT inside over the escalators, and my favourite part, a Star Wars Cantina of the 4th floor with an animatronic band etc. I loved in this store while I was in Vegas (& again on the next trip there, and the one after that...) FAO, sadly, is long gone, but this cup from the Cantina reminds me that, like all Vegas, that sometimes it's ok to goo way over the top.
3962

No comments:

Post a Comment