Friday, March 1, 2019

MOTHERS PIZZA AND PASTA GLASS

(Story written Feb 24,2019)
Most of my collections are toy related in some way, but this piece is one of the exceptions.

This glass dates back to my childhood. Back in the 80s, there was a restaurant chain called “Mother’s Pizza and Pasta” and there was one here in Ottawa on Robertson Rd. We went there as often as I could convince my parents to take us. You could get these awesome Coca-Cola Floats and keep the glass.

I remember one night in the summer of 1987, I’m not sure where or why the rest of my family weren’t with us on this adventure (at least they’re not in my memory if they were), but I was hanging out with my dad. We decided to drive back into the city (we’d moved to the country years before) and had supper together at Mother’s and then headed over to the Britannia Drive-in to see a “fantastic” movie “Back to the Beach” starring, among others, Frankie and Annette.

This likely is not the exact glass from that visit , though the date on it is right, but it is the last surviving one from my youth and brings back this memory of spending time with my dad so it will always be important to me.

?
3237

No comments:

Post a Comment